A flooring option that many people don’t know of is bamboo flooring. Not much information is available for this product because of its lack of popularity. Bamboo is treelike grass most abundant in East and Southeast Asia. It has many positives, along with some drawbacks.
- Eco-friendly, Bamboo has great renewability resources.
- Durable, Several types of bamboo are extremely strong, strand woven bamboo can be manufactured to be even stronger than woods like red oak.
- Reasonable pricing, This product is very redundant and is no more than $9 per square foot.
- Low maintenance, To clean it, you have to sweep or vacuum it regularly, but you can also mop it, just not so frequently.
- Susceptible to scratches, If you have pet’s bamboo flooring would not be the best option.
- Water and humidity damage, Bamboo is resistant to moisture; however, excessive humidity can severely damage the flooring.
- Emission of VOCs, most bamboo floors have adhesives that emit VOCs; however, there are bamboo floors that emit low VOCs.
- D Perez